Sunday 28 January 2007

Shelving

Here I will leave you, you will wait in this room
a room all white and flat like the moon
or a milk bottle full I will one day drink
here I will leave you says the ponderous Think.
There are shelves you can sit on, all over the walls
Books here and there but enough space, oh enough
for whatever growing you will do in this room
in this room all white and flat like the moon.
Will you grow outwards and softly or inwards and tough
will you shrink to a glint of light on a spoon
that I looked for myself in, and found only you in,
cutlery spinning in drawers. Or is it a blankness,
a nothing of time - yes it’s a blankness a gliding on ice
a scooting and skating a three blind mice
enactment of closing one’s eyes to the dark.
Sit in the light. A room all white
and flat like the moon. Goodbye for now, until
next time, be still.

No comments: